The Waiting Game

When I was younger, my dad and I did a lot of mountain bike riding.  I loved it.  It was a lot of hard work with a rewarding end.  There were hills that were so steep, you were practically standing parallel with the bike as you peddled.  It was those hills that you had thoughts of giving up.  Your lungs burn, your heart feels ready to burst, and your legs feel like they can't move another inch.  But you see the end in sight.  You are almost there.  If you stop now, you will not be able to get back on so you keep on going.  It is the hardest thing in the world at the time.  Then you get to the top and suddenly your body says, "I can keep going!"  You finish the last mile or two and you are home.  The feeling of accomplishment is amazing!

This is how I feel right now, waiting for baby to get here.  I see the end in sight but it seems so far away still.  I know that any time now I will be done, but still, I must wait.  The end will be rewarding...now to get to the finish line.  We are all anxiously awaiting baby's arrival....how can a person pray for and dread the same day at the same time?  Yikes!  I am tired.  I am excited.

Baby's carseat got here yesterday, you would have thought it was Christmas morning!  The children all started cheering.  I know it isn't the carseat they are actually thrilled about, but the knowledge that this means that very soon we will have a little person to put INTO it.  Someone is loaning me their beautiful bassinet and it is all set up.  It is the exact one I've been eyeing in stores and on line since I had Abigail.  What a blessing!

The end is in sight.  I can make it.  I will endure.  I look forward to a normal life again.  No more Dr. appts. and no more blood testing.  Yay!  Just the sweetness of soft downy hair and warm little body to cuddle.  Blessings to all!!!

3 comments:

  1. We are also waiting for your new little one to arrive, and we are praying for all of you! What a blessing for your family....I love the excitement that all of your children have also. We are happy for you!
    Praying that Mama gets some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more Dr. appts.?? I thought that's when they started all over again.... just for a different person. LOL Just kidding. We are excited for you all too and anxious to meet the newest little Houston! Praying you get some good sleep tonight. Hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!