Random Thoughts.........

Today my thoughts are as random as the weather outside of my window.  The clouds have given way to rain, and then to sun, the breeze is blowing softly then more briskly.  This is my mood today...........

I am missing my sweet husband.  With the exception of him being in his study last Saturday and then sharing him all day Sunday, he has been gone for two weeks.  Last week was boyscout camp in which he and our three oldest boys went.  This week he flew down to S. Calif. for a conference, and then on to Virginia to visit with some very dear friends.  I was originally going to be with him on this trip, but due to being 8 months pregnant, I decided I would be miserable.  ;-)  Naomi and Anna are also away for a couple of days.  With family gone, the dynamic of the household is quite different.

My normally spunky three year old has slowed down today, a definite sign she is catching something!  Likewise, my youngest, Zeke and my 7 year old are getting a cold.  Zeke is having trouble breathing through his nose and Julia's face is swollen and her nose running.  It's not allergies as those would have been bothering them before and it has just come on all of a sudden.  The sluggishness is catching.  I am exhausted.  Though this may be due to the fact that I don't sleep well at nights.....waking each time I need to change positions.

As I sit on the couch, I watch my belly changing shapes.  The children likewise watch in pure amazement at this awesome phenomena.  The anticipation of meeting this unique little person grows daily.  My desire to look at the calendar and think this child could actually come in the next few weeks increases, but then the reality check of 10 previous babies comes.......and I know that it will really be more like 7 weeks.  Sigh.  I must really still have a need for learning patience.  =-)  I look forward to being "normal" again as the daily checking of blood sugar levels (making my fingertips into pin cushions), and the pain that envelopes my body has me weary.  I look forward to being able to walk without sharp pains racking through my lower back.  Though I will admit that I am truly thankful for each of my precious children and will gladly go through the physical "sorrow" that comes with bringing them into the world again and again if the Lord wills it.

We are now preparing for naps.  Zekers is in his playpen, Juju and Lyd are off to their bed, and Abby is going to have "snuggle" time with mommy.  So, for now, I am off..........randomness and all.  Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. We should get together! Chris has been working MAJOR Overtime & will be for the next few weeks. =( the money is Great but..i'd rather spend time with him..sigh.

    jeanne'

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo...and I CAN NOT BELIEVE....YOU ARE 35 WEEKS!! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??!!! WOW!!!

    JEANNE'

    (opps...my caps were on!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for strength for you today and every day. From those of us on the "outside looking in", this pregnancy has flown by. I'm sure for you in many ways, it is creeping by...each and every day and night. May these next 5 weeks (or 7 weeks) go quickly (at least in some ways). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you daily. PLEASE let us know if we can do anything for you. We can't wait to meet your new little one either! Love you, Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!