We could......

We could live in a place like Southern California where the sun shines and the weather is warm....most of the time. We could, but if we did, we would miss out on this beautiful Washington weather!! Though I may get tired of the rain and the gray skies, I would miss it if I didn't live here!! Right now, there is lightening and thunder, the rain is pouring and my son is preparing a fire in the wood stove. Tea water is on and the children are working on their school at the dining room table. The baby is napping, and I am taking this opportunity to post.  The kitchen is freshly scrubbed and I am about to move on to folding clothes and then scrubbing the bathrooms.  Okay, maybe just the downstairs bathroom (I'll save the upstairs one for one of the children to scrub!!) Life is good, God is good, His creation is good. I am thankful for the rain, for the green grass it produces, and I am thankful for a warm, cozy, and dry house.  I am thankful for a family to  teach these lessons of thankfulness to. I am thankful God has placed me here, now.

2 comments:

  1. I was doing the dishes when it was Thundering. All I could think of is: "The Heavens Declare the Glory of God.." Amazing!

    I am glad you are back to posting on here! Love reading your posts! They are always So encouraging!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was beginning to feel like I was back in TN again.... this is NOT the WA rain we have grown use to! I do miss the thunder, so I guess it was kind of a "treat". It definitely added some excitement to the day that's for sure. Makes me think of our God's power and how this was just a "drop in the bucket" compared to the magnitude of His omnipotence! We serve an AWESOME God! ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!