Rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation


We decided to get away. It was a last minute thing that turned into a God blessed thing. We LOVE Bend, OR and decided Thursday to go. We packed Thursday night and drove down on Friday. We got in contact with a fellow pastor from there who found us a house to stay in.....for FREE!!! Little did we know (as this was so very last minute) but, there was a big race/event going on this very weekend and the hotels were all booked. We wouldn't have been able to find anything in town, but God allowed us to stay close to all the action, all we had to pay for was food and fun! What a huge blessing! We enjoyed warm sunshine, parks, beautiful scenery, and even a thunderstorm. It was a time of rest, a time of relaxing, and a time of rejuvenation.
We enjoyed fellowship and great preaching on Sunday, followed by an afternoon at a park. The children fed goslings and even did some "sword" fighting with some interesting characters! There was entertainment and fun equipment to play on. All in all, we had a fantastic time!

10 comments:

  1. The kids are just so cute! Sometimes a get away is just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a BEAUTIFUL Picture of the mountain or peak!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pic of Sam,Dan,and me took almost five takes to get it just right. We were all laughing at ourselves by the end. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!
    Naomi was telling me about the goslings on Wednesday, and said I could see a picture of them on your blog...
    I could not seem to find it this morning lol.
    I finally found the link on sound pulpit.
    It appears searching for "Emily's post" instead of "Emily's posts" makes a big difference lol.
    I love the mid air pic! That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture of you mom!! I love how you can see almost every freckle;)Now I know where I get mine!!!Lol

    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dilly Bars from DQ!! Don't forget to bring me one, Julia, after this baby is born. He he!! I'm so glad you all had a great time! Janinne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!
    I haven't had a dilly bar in forever!
    We bought them by the box when I was little lol.
    Now I wanna go get one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pics! who took these - Anna?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Anna took these with her new Nikon D90!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!