Hmmm.....what to do?

So. My husband is away for three weeks. What will I do while he is away?! I know!  I will pull everything out of the little girls' room, have them sleep upstairs and have Zeke sleep in my room, then I will take furniture apart, sand it, paint it.....not 1 time, but 2 times with a faux finish step in between! Then I will tape up the room and paint the walls. Next, I think I'll re-tape and then paint the trim for a fresh look. How about the picture frames....I think they need to be spray painted. The bathroom door needs painting, so does the trim in there, and the walls. What?! No bathroom paint left?! Okay, I guess that'll have to wait! 

Well....have YOU ever started a project and, looking around, thought, "What WAS I thinking?!"  That is exactly what I did! But I have perservered, with the help of Naomi and some from the others. Now, we are just waiting for paint to dry so we can put the little ones back in their room and we can have the livingroom back as well as Naomi getting her room back. Oh, this is so much fun, don't get me wrong. As a mom of ten, I NEED to come up with projects to keep me busy!! ;-)  So, here are a few photos of the work in progress. (I can't believe I am posting some of these!)

18 comments:

  1. Can we do our room next, mom? PLEASE?! :)

    ~Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Why is there no picture of me sanding furniture?!

    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  3. FuN fUn FuN.....

    ~Sheri B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love it!! And you will love the feeling of accomplishing such a task. Praise the Lord you have so many little ones who can lend a hand. I am sure it will look great. Cant wait to see finished pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Samuel.. get over it!! :-)

    Brady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! The color looks nice, and you look beautiful in each photo. I feel motivated! I need to go paint something! I'll start with my toes. And end there too. LOL
    - Jenny S

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been so much fun spending this time painting with you!!!!:) we have shared many laughs during this time of late night painting.Lol!! I will miss this time.

    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are crazy!! I never get past the planning stage. I know you have lots of helpful kids but you can always call me to come help if you need some. Good luck with the projects. Keeping busy is always the best way to pass the time when the man of the house is gone. We are praying for the trip and that God will use them greatly.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed hard after reading the introduction to the post!
    Sounds like you guys are plenty busy!
    I dunno if I can bribe you guys to come to church tomorrow night, but I finally have Daniel and Nathanael's dog tags. ;)

    Praying for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the color. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a mother of 1...I have often thought..why in the world did i start this project LOL

    Let me know if ya need help..I need to keep myself busy too.! sounds like fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I love reading the kids' comments on this post! ;-) The room looks great! You are very ambitious taking on such a task, but I'm sure it feels great to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What! No ripping out a wall and adding another wing!! LOL It looks like you all are having a blast. Love ya!! Janinne

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wing will have to wait until Sam's missions trip!! ;D Stay tuned for the conclusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, no pictures of me painting and almost getting it on the carpet!! Lol! :D


    ~Nathanael

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are amazing. I am impressed and thrilled to see you doing this. I would love to have the energy to paing and change. Maybe I will be thinking about this. Have fun and enjoy making the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun time you're having!!
    Mom's are crazy, aren't we? I think its great to do these "I must tackle it" projects, it is so fun to have the kids help out and "fill in" for the absence of Daddy. What special memories they will all have of this time!
    Love your paint color, by the way :)
    Can't wait to see what you tackle next!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!