|Friends at the Pt. Defiance Zoolights|
My mother's heart is torn. After the whirlwind of the diagnosis and expecting to go into transplant right away, the brakes were slammed and we all were thrown for a loop as we were told by the docs at SCCA that we would be waiting until late spring/early summer. Of course, we knew that if the meds didn't work that we'd go straight to transplant, but when her blood counts went to normal, we all settled into life again. Plans were made for the upcoming months. Things we were wanting to do first. I am thankful though that our doctor has wisdom to know that wearing Anna down before the transplant isn't the preferred way and that we'd rather move forward and get Anna better. He told Anna that this was not supposed to be the game plan. The plan was for the Gleevec to work and that she would be feeling better by Christmas. We were definitely looking forward to her having energy again and being her "old self" for a while. Well, that was not to be. We will see if this new drug will do what the other two did not....3rd times the charm, right? ;-) But if this too gives her debilitating side effects, we are prepared for the next step. We know that God's plan is best and He will guide our steps. We will praise Him no matter what.
Thank you all for your continued support and prayers! Please continue to pray that she will gain weight...it was down and she really needs about 18 pounds put back on! At this point, we are ready for the inevitable and so what ever that entails in the next month(s) so be it. Just pray for strength as well as the souls we are to encounter on this path. Pray their hearts will be ready for the gospel!!!
Many blessings to you all!