I didn't get what I wanted....

It was spring but it was summer I wanted; the warm days and the great outdoors.

It was summer but it was fall I wanted; the colorful leaves and the cool dry air.

It was fall but it was winter I wanted; the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.

It was winter but it was spring I wanted; the warmth and the blossoming of nature.

I was a child but it was adulthood I wanted; the freedom and the respect.

I was twenty but it was thirty I wanted; to be mature and sophisticated.

I was middle-aged but it was twenty I wanted; the youth and the free spirit.

I was retired but it was thirty I wanted; the presence of mind without limitations.

My life was over but I never got what I wanted.....

~ 14 year old author (unknown)

Quite a perspective on life!!  Will we ever be content?  Enjoy the moment!  Stop and smell the roses while it is spring, enjoy the sun while it is summer, make memories when it is fall, snuggle close while it is winter........take advantage of the age you are while you are here.  We are to enjoy life to the fullest, giving praise and glory to our Maker!!  The whole duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandments.

2 comments:

  1. Really liked this! I have grown to love these verses: Phl 4:11-13:

    Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning that many of the things I want (not all bad) are not meant for me ...maybe never or maybe not just now. Only God knows and He will tell me when I need to know... if I need to know. He will give me what is best for me when it's best for me to have it. Still learning. ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!