Have you ever wondered what to do with leftover oatmeal? I mean, yuck! Why would you save oatmeal that has cooled into one lump of mush? Well, when you must feed an army everyday, you realize how quickly food goes! You become more frugal....I hope. Everything adds up! And, yes, I do save oatmeal! It isn't so bad if you make fresh oatmeal and, at the end, add the leftovers and stir it until it blends nicely. But, if you'd like to REALLY enjoy your leftover oatmeal, my girls found this recipe that is absolutely amazing!!!! They are oatmeal muffins!!!!
1c. brown sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. oil
1c. leftover oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients
- Stir together the contents of both bowls
- Stir in your add ins of choice
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
This is definitely our FAVORITE way to use up leftover oatmeal! Try it and see! They are so yummy, it would be worth it to make sure you have leftovers on purpose!
Side note: This is leftover oatmeal that is the old fashioned type, NOT instant!!!