Saying Goodbye.....

Today, we said goodbye.  We said goodbye to something that put smiles on our faces, something that gave us a bit of joy each time we looked upon it.  Today, we said goodbye to our Christmas tree, or as Zeke puts it, our "Mismas tree!"  The decorations are stored away, the aroma of a wonderful season is gone. Tonight we finish 2011 with a wiping of the slate.  Tomorrow, we start anew. What does 2012 hold in store?  Only the Lord knows.  As the new year begins, I am looking back at what took place in 2011.  We had a year of hurting and healing, as well as busyness and blessings abundant.  I think one of the best things of the year had to be the addition of Selah Joy Houston!!!  Our sweet baby girl is a promise of great things for the future, and a wonderful reminder that we are to pause & reflect and rest in the joy of the Lord which is our strength!  As we say our "goodbyes" to the things of the past year, we also look forward to a year ahead.  We say "hello" to a new day......  Happy New Year to all!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to all of you! I too am looking forward to all that the Lord will bring in 2012. I know "all" holds more than we sometimes want to go through. I'm praying that I will depend on Him no matter what the "all" is He has planned for me... good or bad. We love you and are praying you have a full year of special memories and blessings for 2012. Hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Selah is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone! Thank you for following me on my blog! I LOVE comments and hope you will leave them for all to read! When you do leave a comment under "anonymous", please leave your name so we can know who you are, therefore enjoying your note even more! Thank you for your consideration!